Over time working with photos you collect a lot of random photo sites. Some of them demand their own post, but others are useful but don’t necessarily require that sort of attention. So, to that end, I’m creating this page to collect them.
- DPReview – a digital photo review site also with great forums. Probably the best place to go for camera reviews.
- photo.net – general photo site with some very useful forums.
- flickr – great site to post photos and interact with the photo community.
- smugmug – another excellent site to post photos. Offers (for a price), complete customization including using your own domain name.
- Picasa web – Google‘s excellent upload site, which is particularly great for beginners and works out of the box with the excellent (and free Picasa management/editing tool).
- PBase – a well used upload and forum site. Personally I’m not a huge fan of the “styling”, but a very popular hosting solution.
- PhotoCamel – a diverse forum for photo enthusiasts.
- Zenfolio – another popular upload site with very nice style. Just wish they allowed domain customization and were a little less pricy.
- bythom.com – Tom Hogan’s great photo learning resource particularly for Nikon enthusiasts.
- kenrockwell.com – Ken Rockwell’s photo site which provides spirited, useful, and controversial (to say the least) opinions about photo topics and gear.
- Rangefinder Forum – a forum for rangefinder camera users (usually film).
- Luminous Landscape – a photo e-zine and forum with a wide variety of useful information. Stylistically a bit dated, but very useful nonetheless.
- Nikonians – a great site and forum for Nikon enthusiasts. Just wish more of the content was free like Photo.net.
- RobGalbraith.com – Rob Galbraith’s photo news, information, and commentary site.
- ShootSmarter – (was “SmartShooter”) offers numerous hints, tips, and tutorials on photography.
- Shorpy – really cool old photo site.
- Photozone.de – good lens comparisons.
- DXO Mark – DXO Labs camera and lens comparisons.
- Photo – French photo magazine site.
- Aperture – Aperture Foundation fine art photography magazine and prints.
More as they collect…